Office Manager Based in Greenock Constituency Office
To line manage and lead the team, managing and reviewing performance and quality standards, forecasting and overall management of office budgets, handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders, managing constituency/parliamentary meetings, managing the provision of communications to media and external stakeholders and looking after all aspects of Stuart’s diary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line managing and leading the team (paid employees and volunteers);
- Participating in the control and forecasting of the office budget in liaison with the Allowance Office and Human Resources Office in Parliament;
- Managing, reviewing and developing administration procedures;
- Managing performance and quality standards in line with our overall objectives;
- Carrying out duties or projects delegated by the MSP, as required;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a wide range of political and communications skills;
- Working in a flexible and confidential manner at all times and as part of a team.
- Managing constituency accounts;
- Tracking and monitoring the quality of the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale;
- Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it’s up to date.
External and internal Liaison
- Handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders and drafting written correspondence, where appropriate;
- Managing communications to media and external stakeholders;
- Looking after all aspects of the MSP’s diary;
- Working directly with the MSP on all incoming mail, advising on relevant background, as required;
- Managing constituency/parliamentary meetings.
Competitive salary based on skills/experience.
Applicants should send a CV with covering letter of no more than one page, explaining their suitability for the position to Stuart McMillan MSP at Stuart.McMillan.MSP@Parliament.scot
Closing Date for Applications is 12 noon on Friday 3rd June.