Stuart McMillan MSP says 2017 could be the year for local charities to help get a special project off the ground by applying for a share of a £6 million funding pot, raised by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
The funding will be allocated through three Trusts, which support different categories of projects. There will be two opportunities for groups to apply in 2017 (January and August) and £3 million will be available for each funding round.
The application process is simple. The first round – which is open from 23 January until 10 February 2017 – starts with organisations being encouraged to submit an ‘expression of interest’ form. Charities will then be shortlisted to complete a full application for funding.
Greenock and Inverclyde MSP Mr McMillan is urging local charities to tap into this exciting funding stream, “Because the funding from the People’s Postcode Lottery will be allocated to so many different types of initiatives, I highly encourage as many local charities to apply as soon as possible! This is such a great opportunity for charities and community support groups to gain additional funding and I hope that many local organisations take advantage of it. This could be the chance so many groups have been waiting for to finally launch special projects that will benefit our community.”
People’s Postcode Trust seeks applications for projects that focus on the prevention of poverty, promotion of human rights, equal rights and conflict resolution for some of society’s most vulnerable groups.
Postcode Local Trust supports wildlife, sustainability and volunteering initiatives. Postcode Community Trust focuses on grass-roots sports, arts, recreation and healthy living programmes.
Clara Govier, Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said:
“£6million injected into grass-roots projects across Great Britain will have a tremendous impact in local communities. We encourage charities to put themselves forward for this funding and to have a look at the different Trusts to see where their project fits in.”
Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £168.4 million to date for over 2,800 good causes across Great Britain and internationally.
For more information on how to apply for funding, please visit the Trusts’ websites: http://www.postcodetrust.org.uk http://www.postcodelocaltrust.org.uk http://www.postcodecommunitytrust.org.uk
People’s Postcode Lottery
• People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
• A minimum of 30% goes directly to charities and players have raised £168.4 Million for good causes across the country
• £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: http://www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
• Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
• Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at http://www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
• Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under certificate nr 000-000829-N-102511-011 and 000-000829-R-102513-010. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
• People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. For details on which society lottery is running each week, visitwww.postcodelottery.co.uk/society